5.25.2012

Money Brain

"I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay
Ain't it sad
And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me
That's too bad
In my dreams I have a plan
If I got me a wealthy man
I wouldn't have to work at all, I'd fool around and have a ball..."
Ah, how wise our Swedish friends from ABBA were.

While the #shoppingsabbatical @corrinrenee and I are taking together is a great thing for me financially, it's starting to wear me down mentally and emotionally.  



Things I've learned over the past month that are positive:
  • I own far more clothes than I need.
  • I really don't like a lot of them and need to donate them.
  • There are several items that would fit if I'd suck it up and get them altered.
  • I've got life pretty good if I can look in my closet and know I could wear a different outfit for each day of the month (at least).

Things I've learned over the past month that aren't so positive:
  • I was spending a lot more money on clothing, shoes, and accessories than I thought I was.
  • I have to avoid my favorite shopping spots all together, or I *will* buy something for myself.
  • Even though I'm not buying for me, the amount of clothing purchased for Jack has increased over the past month. (Gee, I wonder why?)
  • Shopping is far more emotional for me than I thought it was. I use it to make myself "feel better" way too much.
 

No comments: