4.01.2009

Imagine...

Imagine my excitement seeing a message on the Babies R Us website that with a nursery furniture purchase of $499 or more that I could get a $100 Sealy crib mattress for free.

Imagine my frustration as I talked to customer service (and a manager no less) only to find that the verbiage "FREE Sealy Baby Soft Premium Mattress (99.99 value) with ANY Nursery Furniture purchase totaling $499 or more!" really only means certain eligible items.

Imagine that the furniture line I wanted to order from (DaVinci Kalani) had a changing table/chest of drawers that counted toward the special, but the matching crib did not. Don't people normally order items from the same line?

Imagine that the only DaVinci cribs that were part of the "eligible" items were the "mini" cribs which are too small for said mattress. (Insert WTF face here).

Imagine that the only "regular" size cribs that are eligible are low-quality, poorly-rated brands.

Imagine that percentage-wise, more changing tables and chest of drawers are part of the special than the actual cribs are.

Are you totally confused? Yep. Me, too.

Am I thinking maybe Babies R Us doesn't really want my money? You bet.

No comments: