Val, sorry I'm late for your Election Edition of !
#1. Name a food you like that uses a red sauce or anything red in it.
Red Velvet Cake
#2. Name a food you like with whipped cream in it or on it.
Coconut Cream Pie
#3. Name a food you like with blueberry in it.
My friend Jeff's blueberry pie
#4. Share a recipe for pasta or dessert or a beverage.
Since I seem to have dessert on the brain:
Cherry Pie Supreme
recipe courtesy The McCall Publishing Company (McCall's Great American Recipe Card Collection, 1973)
9-inch unbaked pie shell
1 can (1lb, 5 oz) cherry pie filling
4 pkg (3 oz) soft cream cheese (12 oz total)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dairy sour cream
1) Preheat oven to 425.
2) Prepare pie shell. Spread half of cherry pie filling in bottom; set rest of filling aside.
3) Bake shell 15 minutes, or just until crust is golden. Remove from oven.
4) Reduce oven temperature to 350.
5) Meanwhile, in small bowl, with portable electric mixer beat cheese with sugar, eggs, and vanilla unti smooth.
6) Pour over hot cherry pie filling; bake 25 minutes. (Filling will be slightly soft in center.)
7) Cool completely on wire rack.
8) To serve: Spoon sour cream around edge of pie. Fill center with remaining cherry pie filling.
Makes 8 servings.