7.22.2008

Quick Update

I realized last night that it's been a while since a real update, so here goes:
 
Dustin and I are headed to San Diego next Wednesday-Saturday.  He's going for a business trip, and I am tagging along.  I still need to sit down and figure out what I want to do while he's in meetings.  I've been to San Diego once before, so I have a vague idea of what I want to do.  I'm mainly looking forward to the 72º weather. :)
 
Thanks to Mr. Foley for yet another good time at your house on Sunday.  It was fun meeting some of your other friends and the food was great.  We need to get together again soon for the Star Wars marathon!
 
Work's about the same.  I've given up on the job hunt for now...there's just too much other stuff to deal with right now.  I was really confident about a job here at the agency, but I didn't pass HR screening for it.  I don't want to go into it, but the lady who was helping me apply for it kind of threw me under the bus and didn't tell me all of the qualifications I needed on my application.  She also didn't try very hard to push my app. through, either.  I'm hoping that something even better than that is out there for me, but I just can't handle the stress of looking right now.
 
D's getting ready for another fun-filled school year as a fundraising rep., but this year will be a transition since his company merged with another one earlier this summer.  He's had to work more than normal this summer, so I'm hoping he's had enough down-time to be ready to go again.  He's been out hunting a few times and spent some time at our neighborhood pool.  Starting this week the conventions and meetings start, though, so his summer's pretty much over.  We talked about trying to go to Vegas next month, but I'm not sure that we'll be able to.
 
I guess that's about it.  The furr babies are both doing well - they had their annual vet visit and everything went smoothly.  Minnie's getting a bit older and bit grumpier with each year, and Padmé just clings to me more.   They're both still super sweet kitteh babies, though, and they keep us entertained.
 
Hope you guys are all doing well...
 
 

No comments: