4.02.2008

A Plea to Clothing Designers

Misconceptions about petite women:
 
1) We are not all 70+ years old.  We do not all wear matching pants & tops.  I do not need the flower on my top to be made of the same material as the pants.
 
2) We are not all flashy trendsetters.  We cannot all wear bright colors and large patterns.  My behind looks large enough, thank you.
 
3) Some of still like a waistline that actually sits on our waist.  I prefer to hide my muffin top, not accentuate it.
 
4) Why must we pay large amounts of money for simple, classic styles?  I love Ann Taylor, Petite Sophisticate, etc., but I cannot afford $80-$100+ for a pair of nice dress pants.  I mean, aren't you using *less* material to make petite clothing?  Why does that mean we have to pay *more* money?
 
5) Last point of this rant: We are not all a size 2, 4, or 6 either.  Can you please make more clothing in 8, 10, 12, 14?  A lot more of us fall into the middle range of sizes.  I really don't want to have to beat another Size 8 up just to get the last pair of cute pants hanging on the rack.

No comments: